Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tool Review: Hot Tools Curling Irons





I was used to turning my curling iron up to a halfway point for curling my hair. However, with this Hot Tools electric marcel curling iron, it seems to get exceptionally HOT! So I started using it between the settings of 1 and 2 which is considered low. I still managed to burn myself. Of course, it takes a day or so for the skin to scab up. I think that the lower settings are great! I feel that it puts a nice bend in the hair without feeling like you are cooking it.

No matter what brand of curling iron that you are using, definitely consider using the lowest temperature settings first. The Hot Tools brand seems to get hot enough to probably press out natural hair. I really underestimated the heat on this iron. No more halfway points for me. Setting #4 is probably the hottest that I ever plan to use on this iron. Also, I can appreciate curling irons with a cool tip. The cool tip would have prevented me from burning myself. (Pictured: scab near my eyebrow and hairline) The barrel of this iron is all hot. When the iron is on, the handle is the only thing cool on it. Hot Tools curling irons also come in different sizes as well as the spring closure versus marcel closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment