Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Product Review: True Indulgence Relaxer System

Yes, it has been 2 weeks 6 days from my last relaxer, and yes, I relaxed my hair yet again. One would probably think that I am really trying to destroy my hair, but I am not. However, I am fearless enough to push the limits. That is how you learn! So I brought the True Indulgence relaxer back with me from the hair show. I had used this relaxer system years ago, but never on myself because I was sold on the sensitive scalp relaxers. Of course, now we know that the sensitive scalp relaxers are not good for the hair long term.
I was able to keep this relaxer on for about 20 minutes. I had some minor irritation about 14 minutes into it. However, I loved the softness and shiny results.
Prior to relaxing with the True Indulgence Regular Relaxer, I removed the partial quickweave which involved wetting my hair. I dried my hair under medium heat under the platform dryer. I based my hairline and ears only. I also discontinued taking the Viviscal pills for the last few days.
This was the third relaxer within three weeks. Notice: I still had texture in my hair? I did not preprotect my ends. I just based the full hairline and ears and started another virgin application.

I am going to have to get my layers tuned up in the back, but overall, I absolutely loved this relaxer. I think that my search is over. I am extremely sensitive scalp with resistant hair. Paul Mitchell relaxers were not straightening my hair enough. Design Essentials Time Release relaxer seems to soften, but not straighten. Weird. The Chi Deep Brilliance relaxer was very drying to the hair, did not straighten enough, and corrosive to the skin and scalp. So the True Indulgence relaxer is my new love. Pictured are the before pictures of my hair after taking out the quickweave and before relaxing it with the True Indulgence relaxer. I did not take picture of my hair while it was wet after the relaxer. I was so excited about the look and the feel of it that I could not wait to finish it out. I will say that I still have some wave to my hair when it is wet. It is still not bone straight. A few of the tips of my hair maybe a little more straight, but overall, It was not overly agressive.

Now, brace yourself. I must mention that Dudley does make this relaxer system. Okay, slow your horses. Yes, you heard me. This relaxer is a Dudley product, and yes, I know some people can not stand Dudley, and they say that any stylist that uses Dudley is not a good stylist. I heard it all before. That is why I stopped using a lot of Dudley products because there were a lot of people that did not trust Dudley. However, this relaxer is one of their newer lines. It has been out for about ten years. I used it while in Dudley Beauty School. I used it after I graduated. I always got beautiful results. So I am full circle back to Dudley. I am not adding any of their maintenance products or styling products at this time, but yes, I would have to hurt someone if they stop making this True Indulgence relaxer. It literally made me one of the happiest women on Earth. I have quite a few clients waiting for this perfect match. It is a sodium hydroxide relaxer and very healthy as you can see! I will take pictures the next time that I shampoo my hair to show you my hair texture while wet with this True Indulgence relaxer in. I will try to write a separate article to compare the two wet pictures of a before and after. Regardless, I am so excited my relaxer search is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment