Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Hair Rules Kinky Curling Cream

About $30 in products pictured here. 3- 2oz bottles. Expensive? yeah. Smile. I have been texturizing my Type 4c curl pattern. I tried the Hair Rules Quench ultra Rich Conditioner. It uses shea butter, honey, glycerin, coconut and olive oils. I sat under a pre-heated dryer for about 5 minutes. The conditioner was okay. I did not feel that it defined my curls, but my hair felt softer. It has a nice smell. Since I did not have defined curls at the soaking wet stage (the most important stage), I was not very optimistic about the Hair Rules Kinky curling cream. I put it in generously, section by section and still NO extra curl definition. The ingredients contain a lot of mineral oil and beeswax (isoparaffin). Maybe between the conditioner and the curling cream, the products had too much weight? I layered the Hair Rules Hydrating Finishing cream while wet as well! It dried shiny with a little firmness which was no different than the KeraCare and Design Essentials Twisting gels.

I definitely loved the fresh smell of the Hair Rules products. I specifically think that the Hydrating Finishing Cream carries the smell that I adored. Also, this finishing cream is for all hair types. Otherwise, the conditioner and kinky curling cream were not exceptional. These 2 oz sizes cost around $10 a bottle at Beauty Brands. They gave me the 2 oz Quench conditioner for free. So $20 for three 2 oz bottles to try.

If you have a curly product line that already works for you, then stick with what you know. If you are still looking, then these Hair Rules products probably work better for twisting kinky hair versus trying to coil. They seem too heavy to coil.

Hair Rules does have different formulas for wavy hair and curly hair. They are different than the ones for kinky hair. According to the reviews that I read, the "Curl whip" leave-in is popular for less kinky hair.

I hope that this review helps! If I find something distinct about it on my next trial run, then I will add a comment to this article. Until then, this line is average. Not bad; yet nothing exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment