Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

A Great Moisturizing Conditioner and Hairdress

Nexxus Humectress is a moisturizing conditioner that works great on wet hair or dry hair. If using on wet hair, then rinse it out. If using on dry hair as a hairdress, then use sparingly as a leave-in conditioner. As a leave-in hairdressing, it softens hair like an "organic coconut oil." Pictured is older packaging of the Nexxus Humectress. This bottle does have glycerin and mineral oil listed in the ingredients. It works sooooo well for moisturizing the hair overnight as a hairdress.


The new packaging as shown on the right of this picture has different ingredients. It seems to have replaced the glycerin and mineral oil combination with dimethicone. I do not know if this newer version works as well as the older version. I found this older bottle in Harris Teeter. It was the last one left. There were plenty of the newer versions on the shelf. It smelled good; so I anticipate that it will still work well.

The Dimethicone (i.e. Silicone) which is now as controversial as the mineral oil may not moisturize as well. It should deliver the same shine, but not necessarily the same softness. I will try out the newer packaging in the future, but since I just paid $16 for the bottle pictured on the left, it may be awhile. Until then, if you still have this older version in your hair products stash, then try it out! It works for all hair types! Race is not important.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find the new version as good as the old? Also how do you feel about the shampoo? I'm looking for a new shampoo and conditioner. I cut most of my relaxed hair off and now have a bob with a few relaxed ins? I'm looking for a new regime for my baby soft thin hair again. I got my joico leave in and my Paul Mitchell oil treatment but just not sure about the shampoo and conditioner part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chenoe123! I didn't like the newer version. I am favoring the Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Luxury shampoo along with conditioners from a product line of color like Keracare Humecto. I also love Pureology. I just got my hands on the Colorproof line. I have try it out soon!

      Delete
    2. Also, best wishes with your natural hair journey. Braid outs and Twist outs are probably going to be your best friend. Thank God enough people have now embraced the natural hair movement that your journey should be smoother, but unique to you.

      Delete